Saturday, November 10, 2012

the prints are here!

Hello friends!

I have finally found someone making fine art prints that I love, so I can offer high quality reproductions of the recent two series (Dream Medicine and Dreamscapes) at least through the holidays.  The first round is now available through the Loki collective's Etsy account.  Alternatively, you can email me (email below).

These are the beautiful images Douglas took of my paintings with his fancy camera:

Heron Moon.  giclee reproduction 24" x 18" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)

Back to the Web.  giclee reproduction 8" x 8" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)


Hive Home.  giclee reproduction 8" x 8" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)


The Magician.  giclee reproduction 8" x 8" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)

A Rearrangement of Things.  giclee reproduction 8" x 8" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)

Sky beneath Sea.  giclee reproduction 18" x 24" (8 color archival pigments on 100% cotton rag paper)



I want to share a little about my first experience with good reproductions, as this process has consistently been a struggle for me
throughout my journey towards a career as a full time artist.  Prints are a necessary part of the game, but I've never once been satisfied with the quality of a reproduction of my work.  But it was so exciting picking up the prints yesterday!  Douglas treated my art with such care throughout the whole process, restoring my brutalized paper to its calm, flat state in the vacuum press, literally handing back the originals in better shape than he'd received them.  His camera is up to museum standard, and the pigments in the prints are so vibrant and accurate that I can hardly tell the difference between the print and the original.  And he has excellent taste in paper, which I am super picky about. 

I am all for affordable art, and happy to have found a financially viable means of offering it.  If you have any questions or feedback about these prints, I would love love love to hear from you.  Maybe you have a different size in mind for one of the paintings, or would really like to see a different painting in print, or want framing ideas.  Please feel free to email me at jacquelinekmaloney@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment