Monday, November 2, 2009

Partial Arrangements and Half-Baked Thoughts






These studies are working towards a drawing made in several layers on vellum (a semi-transparent drafting paper) The general ideas floating around in my head concern time and the accumulation of information. To show that I hope to let the top layer happen intuitively, where I compose the space by appropriating contemporary sculpture into drawings. In each subsequent layer I want to break down the forms and shapes and lines in the complex, initial drawing. Currently, I plan to do so by finding forms in nature, from the most evolved to the most basic, that could have influenced or informed the artworks. However, the process may change as things rarely work according to my plans when I'm in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment